Thursday, February 19, 2015

What the heck do ya eat?

 About a bazillion people have asked me what I eat on this Paleo diet. I wrote down what I ate Saturday Jan. 31- Thursday Feb. 5.  The weekends usually have a breakfast lunch combo since we sleep in.
Jan. 31
Lunch-Salad
grapes
spinach
almond slivers
black olives
bacon bits
pickle slice
Dressing was honey, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil

Dinner-Chicken/Sausage Vegetable Soup
4 mushrooms
beef broth
2 garlic cloves
1 carrot
1 squash
1 zucchini 
2 new potatoes dices
small tomato
1 can of basil, garlic, oregano diced tomatoes
onion

Seasoning:
pink Himalayan salt
Caribbean jerk
Rosemary
I cook separate mild sausage and also chicken tenderloins. I pull the chicken add both meats to the soup in crock pot. So flipping good!!!!! I have made this 3 other times since with different variations! I changed my base to a butternut squash sauce instead of the beef broth.

Other than water I had some almond milk and peppermint tea with a tsp of coconut sugar

Feb. 1   (super bowl Sunday)
Breakfast-eggs
2 eggs
Tabasco added
blueberry hot tea with 1 tsp coconut sugar

For the party I made the same soup as the day before, but added spinach.
Deviled eggs using guacamole instead of mayo, pickles, and bacon bits on top.

For lunch I ate the leftover mix for the deviled eggs.
 Almond milk

At the Super Bowl party I had some of my soup, fruit, deviled eggs, 2 chicken wings with a dry rub, 3 meat balls, and some water. I would assume the meatballs sauce was not Paleo so I limited myself to 3 instead of 646119 like I wanted because they were delicious!!!

Feb. 2
Breakfast-smoothie
Almond milk
1/2 scoop of protein powder
canned pumpkin 
 blueberry tea with coconut sugar

The hubby made a recipe that we have for Paleo cup cakes and they are AMAZING! Google Paleo mom cupcakes and you will find them. Easy and delish!
Lunch
paleo cup cake
almonds
skittles ( I have found I have no self control with these beautiful colorful candies so therefore I have bought no more for my kids at school #sorrykids)
turkey slices
pineapple
blueberries
pickle.

Dinner 
pork chops cooked in olive oil seasoned with Pink Himalayan Salt ( PH) and Caribbean Jerk ) CJ)
Broccoli and Cauliflower cooked in coconut oil, salt and Italian seasoning.

Feb. 3
Breakfast
2 eggs
blueberries
water with lemon

Lunch
leftover pork
grapes
Paleo cup cake
sliced peaches

Dinner
Almond milk
Chicken cooked in crock pot with honey, balsamic vinegar, splash of Braggs GF ( gluten free) soy sauce, almond slivers, carrots, tomato, onions, and lemon zest. Added salt

Feb. 4
Breakfast
2 eggs
blueberry tea/ coconut sugar
leftover chicken
blueberries
peaches
water

Lunch
peaches
scoop of cottage cheese ( following the 90/10 aspect of Paleo)
sliced turkey

Snack
peaches
left over chicken

Dinner
Gluten free pizza with black olives and pineapple ( My first grains since Jan. 1st)

Feb. 5
Breakfast
2 eggs over spinach
blueberries
black olives

Lunch
Salmon salad
water with lemon
about 10 chocolate chips

Dinner-soup

steak bits
mild sausage
garlic
beef stock
carrots
cauliflower
pineapple
new potatoes ( diced)
red, yellow, and green peppers
onions
spinach
black olives

Earl  grey Tea before bed

I tried to write down every thing I ate, but of course may have left off a few things. The biggest thing I have noticed is that I am not near as hungry! I am not needing to snack as often. I think because I am not filling my body with sugary food my blood sugar is not going up and down so much. It is staying more regulated so therefore I don't have the crazy hunger I did before. This is not perfectly Paleo, but I knew going in that it would take me a few months to really get the hang of this. I try to eat Protein at every meal, veggies and fruit daily, and good complex carbs once a day. I hope this helps a tiny bit for those of you who have asked to join me at the dinner table! This is tough, but I will not go back because the benefits are so worth it! I can tell when I eat processed things because my joints hurt! When I eat gluten I am miserable! I am so glad I finally made the choice to just do it and I feel CONFIDENT that God has helped me through this! I saw with those darn skittles that my self control is not great!

Melinda







No comments:

Post a Comment