Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Shepard's pie with veggies

Once a week I do a non Paleo meal ( always Gluten free though) and it is usually a Friday night thing. Tonight I switched it up a bit due to the request of my husband to have this meal. I typically start cooking the hamburger meat and add all the veggies to it. Tonight I decide to cook them separate to add different flavors to the meal and let me say it was a success!! This meal is cooked with mashed potatoes, some cheese, and butter so keep that in mind. Without these it would be Paleo.


Preheat the oven to 350 because you will need it later.
First I cooked the mushrooms in butter.


I added garlic to the beef.


 I added diced up onions to the mushrooms and cooked for about 7 minutes.


After I set the mushrooms and onions aside I cooked the squash and zucchini in coconut oil, but I used the same pan to save on dishes. 
  While the veggies were cooking I added red, green, and orange peppers to the hamburger meat.


  Next I layered the beef and veggies in a 9x13 dish.


Then I covered with mash potatoes. I added some sliced chunk cheese to it. I don't shred it because I tend to use more cheese that way. Put in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes just long enough to melt the cheese.

There are no left overs!! My daughter who does not really like many veggies other than broccoli and smashed cauliflower  had two servings of this!! You can omit the cheese to make it healthier and use new potatoes as well.  Soooo good! I used salt and rosemary for the seasoning. Try it and let me know what you think!

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment